Dear Valued Customer,
We are contacting you today to notify you of the TS-TPC-7990 Board Revision Change from Rev B to Rev C. With your assistance through our engineering sampling program we have identified a number of small bugs that needed to be corrected, as well as some feature updates we would like to make to allow this product to be a better fit in your applications. The new TS-7990 Rev C will start shipping soon, and will include updated software for all of the programable devices on the board, including a new UBoot, Linux, and FPGA. Current software images are expected to continue functioning with out issues on the Rev C hardware. Most of these changes will come as welcome and anticipated improvements, but we are here to assist with any transition requirements you may have as we transition each of the TS-TPC-7990 models from Rev B to Rev C. The Rev C board is our production candidate for the TS-TPC-7990 product family, no further hardware changes are planned at this time. Please see below for all of the details on the change.
The affected products are: TS-TPC-7990
The changes incorporated in the TS-7990 Rev B include the following:
- Update UBoot and FPGA to identify the new Rev C hardware.
- Update Linux ts4900-utils and tshwctl for the new Rev C Hardware features.
- Corrected several footprints
- Cleaned up the hardware for the Capacitive Touch support
- Mini-PCIe socket now uses a DIO for reset (using CPU_RESET# did not provide correct reset control)
- Added an optional SIM Socket with the mini-PCIe socket
- Can be included on customized product part numbers
- All models include support for pre-certified cellular solutions from NimbeLink, and Digi XBEE)
- Change WiFi to use SPI (Working Linux drivers are not available for SDIO)
- Update Linux image with required support for the WiFi/Bluetooth chipset. Including providing Bluez in the default image
- Update FPGA image to support the Bluetooth interface.
- Change WiFi/Bluetooth to integrate a Chip Antenna
- u.FL antenna can be provided on customized product part numbers
- Update Linux support for ttyMAX UARTs
- eMMC 3.3V has power input that can be switched to better support eMMC SLC Modes
- Updated FPGA support and added RESET# for the NimbeLink and Digi XBEE Socket
- Updated UBoot for future TS-SILO
- Moved TOUCH_RESET to a CPU DIO pin to allow better touch screen controls
- Improvements to the sleep mode support in the in board Microcontroller.
We plan to begin shipping the new Rev C boards in the near future as we prepare for exiting the Engineering Sampling Program.
The new Debian debian-armhf-jessie-20170731.tar.bz2 image is available here, there will be additional updates to the image prior to our final production release:
Technologic Systems appreciates your business. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us by either replying to this email or filling out the contact us form at https://pcs.embeddedarm.com/notices/ts-tpc-7990-board-revision-change-from-rev-b-to-rev-c.
16525 East Laser Drive
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Phone: (480) 837-5200
Fax: (480) 837-5300