Dear Valued Customer,
We are contacting you today to notify you of the TS-TPC-7990 Board Revision Change from Rev A to Rev B. With your assistance through our engineering sampling program we have identified a number of small bugs that needed to be corrected, as well as some feature updates we would like to make to allow this product to be a better fit in your applications. The new TS-7990 Rev B will start shipping soon, and will include updated software for all of the programable devices on the board, including a new UBoot, Linux, and FPGA. Most of these changes will come as welcome and anticipated improvements, but we are here to assist with any transition requirements you may have as we transition each of the TS-TPC-7990 models from Rev A to Rev B. The Rev B board will represent the final feature set for the TS-TPC-7990 product family, but there may be one more board spin prior to full production to clean up minor layout issues. Please see below for all of the details on the change.
The affected products are: TS-TPC-7990
The changes incorporated in the TS-7990 Rev B include the following:
- Upgraded the Ethernet PHY to a device from Marvell to corrected a bug with the ethernet where certain link partners failed to link/communicate properly. A kernel change is required to support the PHY.
- Changed the built in audio output device from a speaker to a piezo to make space for new features. If higher quality audio output is required there is still an amplified audio output available on a header.
- Added support for a NimbeLink cellular modem or Digi Xbee radio. The socket that supports these options replaced several unused connectors in the previous revision, including the SIM socket.
- Implemented a hardware bug fix for the touch controllers. This also requires an updated device tree.
- Improved the available current off of the 5V regulator to better support top CPU operation and multiple USB devices.
- Implemented a hardware fix for the previously announced RS-232 bug
- Improved the LCD detection scheme, and implemented hardware bug fixes on the LCD interfaces.
- Upgraded the WiFi radio to a device from Microchip that has a longer available lifecycle. Drivers will be updated to support the new radio.
- Moved the Micro USB connectors very slightly to correct mechanical interferences.
- Added support for new daughter card options in the future, including PoE and TS-SILO technology (SuperCap power hold up for graceful shutdown under sudden power loss). Software updates are planned for supporting these possible daughter card options.
- Added support for mSATA. The board now detects if an mPCIe or an mSATA device is plugged into the mini-card socket. Auto detection can also be overridden to select SATA.
Technologic Systems appreciates your business. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us by either replying to this email or filling out the contact us form at http://pcs.embeddedarm.com/notices/ts-tpc-7990-board-revision-change-from-rev-a-to-rev-b.
16525 East Laser Drive
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Phone: (480) 837-5200
Fax: (480) 837-5300