Dear Valued Customer,
We are contacting you today let you know we plan to roll out our Production Ready TS-7800-V2 Software Release
next week. We are updating the shipping image to address a few bugs or
improvements that our customers and the Technologic Systems engineering
team have been working on over the last several months. This release
is in anticipation for the production launch of the TS-7800-V2 which
will be announced in the near future.
The affected products are: TS-7800-V2In preparation for exit from the engineering sampling program, the TS-7800-V2 is receiving its final software image update. This update includes Linux Kernel patches, bug fixes, and new features. There are new images for Kernel, U-Boot, File System, and FPGA. This release will bring the software image in line with our expectations for a release-quality product. Once testing is completed by you our customers and other internal tests are completed we will deem this the production release image.
A full list of changes are documented in the product manual. These changes include:
- Kernel patched and updated to 4.4.186, the Long Term supported version of 4.4
- New Random Number Generator (RNG) support including new rng-tools package and an improved FPGA Random Number entropy engine passes NIST entropy tests.
- Improvements to WiFi and Bluetooth Software including driver and FPGA updates.
- WiFi Drivers auto load correctly according to the model of TS-7800-V2
- CPU_ACCESS_FPGA_FLASH# behavior updated, and other minor FPGA fixes for WiFi interface
- Device Tree updated to fix MAC address assignment bug. MAC now assigned to eth0 in u-boot before Linux starts the Ethernet driver.
- Fixes with DIO Behavior of LCD_04
- Development package for Rust language added to software load.
Please contact your technical support team if you have any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technologic Systems appreciates your business. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us by either replying to this email or filling out the contact us form at https://pcs.embeddedarm.com/notices/production-ready-ts-7800-v2-software-release-1.
16525 East Laser Drive
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Phone: (480) 837-5200
Fax: (480) 837-5300